If you have any questions, or to schedule an initial FREE consultation, call 1300 977 546
At Effective Legal Solutions our Liquor Licence Lawyers have the knowledge and understanding of the liquor licensing legislation and regulations associated with it. We can help you understand the complexities and obligations of liquor license ownership.
In NSW, the Liquor Act 2007 regulates and controls the sale and supply of alcohol and certain aspects of the use of premises on which alcohol is sold or supplied. It also provides the Independent Liquor & Gaming Authority with powers to regulate the sale and supply of alcohol, including determining liquor licensing and disciplinary matters.
We can advise on all aspects of Liquor licensing and assist you with:
- Making application to the Licensing Boards and representing licensees at those meetings
- Transfers or variations of existing licences, removing liquor licenses and associated permits and authorities.
- Extension of trading area or variation of trading hours
- Importers of Alcoholic Beverages
- Objecting to the granting of competing licenses, permits and authorities.
- Defending charges, summons and complaints against licensees, their employees and others.
- The preparation of leases for licensed businesses.
- The purchase and sale of licensed premises, including hotels, restaurants, nightclubs and off-sale premises
We can help simplify the application process and ensure your business has the licence best suited for its needs. In NSW there are seven types of liquor licences:
For clubs that meet the requirements of the Registered Clubs Act 1976 and want to sell alcohol to club members or their guests and operate gaming machines.
- For venues that want to sell alcohol for consumption on the premises, provide takeaway sales, and operate gaming machines.
- Hotel licence (general bar). For venues that want to sell alcohol to the public for consumption on the premises but do not want to sell takeaway liquor or operate gaming machines.
- Single or multiple functions. For non-profit organisations, such as an amateur sports club, community group or charity, that want to sell alcohol at functions.
- Special event or trade fair. For persons or organisations that want to sell alcohol for consumption at a special event or trade fair.
For venues that want to sell alcohol for consumption with, or ancillary to, another product or service.
Packaged liquor licence
For venues that want to sell takeaway liquor to the public through a bottle shop or liquor store, or via home delivery by telephone, mail order or the internet.
For liquor producers (including winemakers, brewers or distillers) or wholesalers that want to sell alcohol to individuals or businesses who hold a liquor licence.
Small bar licence
For small venues with a patron capacity of 100 people or less that want to sell alcohol for consumption on the premises but do not want to sell takeaway liquor or operate gaming machines.
Here at Effective legal solutions our Liquor Licence Lawyers understand that clients require excellent customer service at a fixed fee competitive price and want the process to be as smooth as possible from start to finish.
If you have any questions, or to schedule an initial consultation, call 1300 977 546.